Honey Allroads Titanium
What is the Honey Allroads Titanium bike?
The Honey Allroads bike is exactly what it is named after. This bike is designed to ride on all road conditions – paved, broken, carriage trails, and even well worn single track. We call this the mixed-terrain adventure bike. Take it anywhere to do anything.
Choosing Titanium or Steel
The benefits of both materials are many. Titanium, when designed well and sourced carefully, is super durable and really smooth on the trails. Steel is less expensive and comes in great paint options. The list of benefits and considerations are listed in detail on our Choosing Titanium or Steel page.
Why is the Honey Allroads Titanium the ideal mixed-terrain bike?
This may just be the one bike to rule them all -- THE mixed-terrain adventure bike. The design fits up to a 43c knobby tire for nearly full-on mountain biking. And, when fitted with a 25c road tire, this bike will gladly join the fastest of group road rides. Employing titanium makes it tough, durable, and smooth over the roughest roads. Honey's geometry makes the bike accelerate like a race bike and handle predictably -- like it's on rails. These are tall promises but we put our 30+ years of framebuilding experience behind our guarantee that you'll love this bike if you're looking for one bike that does just about everything extremely well.
The Allroads Titanium is priced to provide you more value than any other titanium bike on the market. And titanium is the best material for mixed-terrain riding. So, it is kind of the best of the best.
More Details About The Allroads Titanium
Allroads Titanium Pricing
Honey offers two ways to get a Allroads Titanium:
Our Curated Parts Packages are what we've found to work really well - and for which we can vouch. These kits offer the best value -- function, low-service, durability, lightweight -- for the money.
Unique Design Features of the Allroads Titanium
This is not a re-purposed cyclocross bike. We designed the AT from the ground up, over a seven year process, to provide the single best mixed-terrain adventure bike on the market. Here are some examples of what makes this bike so special: Tubeset, fit and geometry, handling and performance, and component options.
Titanium Tubeset Design
Each of the 12 bike sizes has its own tubeset -- the Honey Wildflower set -- that we've optimized for the size of the bike and the likely size of the rider. The tubing begins with the toughest, longest fatigue life titanium that's available. We've been working with titanium for more than 30-years so we know the industry. Then we tailor the material to the application of durable all-day adventure rides. We think this Wildflower tubeset helps us create the best riding mixed-terrain bike available.
Size-Specific Tubing: This may sound trivial but true size-specific designs mean that a 54.5 cm top tube bike has a very different tubeset specification than a 56.5 cm bike. Tubeset so important because a 0.001" change in wall thickness throughout the frame equates to about a 3% different in ride feel. For reference, a typical piece of paper is 0.003". That thickness change equates to about a 10% change in ride feel. Small changes make a big difference.
Durability: We're interested in building bike that are truly going to be around for the long haul. This requires designing with the best titnaium available. Just as is true with any materials, there is good and bad. Titanium is so sensitive to flaws that it's even more important to use first quality titanium only in our frames. Proper welding technique, endless fatigue testing, and thoughtful part design all lead to maximizing your frame's fatigue life.
Toughness: The titanium that Honey sources is as tough as any bike material can get. Adventure riding demands durability; you don't want to be 20-miles out on a trail with a broken dropout hanger or cracked bottom bracket shell. First quality material is the secret to having the toughest bikes on the trail.
Ride Quality: This may be the best aspect of what titanium can offer a bike. Titanium, when applied well, can absorb much more shock and vibration than any other material. Not every titanium bike rides well but Honey's 30-plus years of titanium framebuilding provides us unique insight into optimizing ride quality.
Here is more information about our titanium frames and why they're fairly wonderful.
Allroads Titanium Bike Fit & Geometry
Our chart of Allroads Titanium geometry provides all the details you'll need to determine your ideal size. And, because we offer 12-sizes of the Allroads, we're certain we have a size that will fit you perfectly.
- 12 sizes to fit just about anyone. We make women's and men's bike setups, too.
- 1 cm top tube length increments enable you to choose between a few frame sizes, to fine-tune your fit and comfort.
- When compared to a cross race bike, the Allroads is designed for longer rides on much more varied terrain so the rider position provides a slightly shorter reach and a slightly higher bar than a pure cross race bike. This position also helps prevent lower back pain and protects your body better during long rides on the trail.
Allroads Titanium Handling & Performance
Bike geometry: With its stable front end, standard trail, low bottom bracket, and long wheel base the Allroads makes for a great all-day rider.
- Predictable and neutral handling through thoughtful frame geometry, tubeset selection, and component curation. Some of this is obvious and some of this runs very counter to popular current frame design fads.
- Predictable because when you're not sure what's around the next corner on that hidden trail, you want to know that the bike will do what you want it to do. Sometimes people confuse quick handling with predictable handling; in general, quick is not actually very helpful; predictable handling -- at all speeds and in all conditions -- is extremely helpful. And helps you ride faster.
- Neutral because when you're in the fifth hour of a long adventure ride you don't want an overly quick or squirrely bike; that's exhausting to manage -- and a bit dangerous. A neutral handling bike will help you settle in and relax on the bike -- an important feature of an adventure bike.
- Excellent tracking and traction: The Honey proprietary seatstay design and tubing provide improved traction and predictability on any decent and on any trail surface. The titanium Allroads will help keep your tires connected to the trail. You'll be able to ride faster and more surefootedly.
- Excellent climbing ability: The Allroads Titanium frame tubing employs stiff chainstays for efficient power transfer to get you up the hills faster and with less effort. There is no stiffer titanium drivetrain available on a mixed-terrain bike.
- Frame size-specific tubing: This ensures the best possible handling at the lowest possible frame weight. We selected each tube, with specificity, for each Allroads frame size.
Component Choices & Options
- Four performance kits available from Shimano and SRAM.
- Tire Options: Want room for big tires? No problem. The Allroads has room for tires up to 43mm with some 45c tires fitting, too.
- Wheel Options: This bike also offers the option of 700c or 650c wheel size.
- Gearing: Our kits come with compact 50/34t cranks and 11-32t cassettes. Nearly 1:1 low gear with a full road high-end gear range. This is just about perfect for any all-day ride.
- Honey components: Handlebar and stem are superlight 3D forged—for the highest strength and lightest weight aluminum parts possible.
Complete Bike Weight
54.5 cm top tube Allroads Titanium with SRAM Force 22: 17 lbs., 13 ounces. This is a really great weight for a durable serious mixed-terrain adventure bike that can handle all kinds of rough riding. Weights subject to change as component packages evolve.